This is something that we in the Christian faith recognize as vital to our life in Christ. Over a week’s time, I find myself listening to/viewing several different Christian speakers and conversations. During these past few days, the subject of “Grace” seemed to have come up in most every one of them.
During one discussion program, someone quoted Philip Yancey’s definition of grace: “Grace means there is nothing we can do to make God love us more. And grace means there is nothing we can do to make God love us less.”
Isn’t that just so wonderful to know? Our church here in Maryland describes itself this way:
A grace-driven church … for a grace-needing world, where people . . .
- Grow in the love of Christ
- Reach in the name of Christ
- Affirm in the body of Christ
- Care in the nature of Christ
- Exalt in the glory of Christ
Finally, the words of the Apostle Paul, from his letter to the Ephesians, Chapter 1, Verses 7 and 8:
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,
in accordance with the riches of God’s grace that he lavished on us.
- NOTE: In the future, please address your enLighten E-mails directly to: enLighten@ siriusxm.com